Win10 Locked Up While Parallels Tools Installation Agent Hangs at 51%

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GregoryS1, Jun 16, 2017.

1. GregoryS1

GregoryS1 Bit poster

I've seen suggestions for fixing the installation agent hanging at other percentages, but not for my issue, in which the tools installation agent is hanging at 51%. Worse, I cannot do anything in the Windows VM because of the hanging--not a single keystroke is registered, nor does any item from the menu work. I tried stopping the VM, but it corrupted the reboot, so I had to go back to the snapshot with the tools installation agent hanging--apparently, I can't seem to find previous snapshots, even though I know I've had them. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to restore Windows 10?

2. GregoryS1

GregoryS1 Bit poster

Welp, somehow the greyed out "Install Parallels Tools..." option in the Actions menu changed to an active "Reinstall Parallels Tools." When I selected it, it eventually killed the currently "active" installation, rebooted Windows, and left me with a Windows VM free of Parallels Tools. Once I selected the reinstall option a second time, everything worked as advertised. Back up and running. Carry on.

3. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @GregoryS1 , we are glad that you were able to resolve your issue. We really appreciate your efforts on this. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.