CapeGringo
Bit poster
Hi,
I am running Win7 64bit on Parallels 5 build 5.0.9344, on a Macbook Pro 15" running OS 10.5.8, with a 2.93 Ghz Intel dual core and 8Gb of memory, and it just crawls. File access from the Mac side is maddeningly slow, and processing is glacial.
I've got the VM configured with 2 processors and 4Gb of memory, and XP pro (installed ~2 yrs ago under same Parallels and configured identically) runs rings around 7 doing the same processing tasks; disk access from XP was never real snappy but is much better than 7. My plan was to install 7 and gradually transition from XP but it has not worked out.
I never run both VM's simultaneously; reinstalled Parallels tools on 7 today, no change. Any ideas how to speed things up?
I am running Win7 64bit on Parallels 5 build 5.0.9344, on a Macbook Pro 15" running OS 10.5.8, with a 2.93 Ghz Intel dual core and 8Gb of memory, and it just crawls. File access from the Mac side is maddeningly slow, and processing is glacial.
I've got the VM configured with 2 processors and 4Gb of memory, and XP pro (installed ~2 yrs ago under same Parallels and configured identically) runs rings around 7 doing the same processing tasks; disk access from XP was never real snappy but is much better than 7. My plan was to install 7 and gradually transition from XP but it has not worked out.
I never run both VM's simultaneously; reinstalled Parallels tools on 7 today, no change. Any ideas how to speed things up?