Window 7 does not open on Parallels Desktop 7

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by SatokoY, Mar 8, 2012.

1. SatokoY

SatokoY Bit poster

I use MacPro OS10.6.8
    2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Parallels Desktop version 7

When I open Parallels Desktop, I get black screen with coding behind, and those messages

"There is no operating system installed in this virtual machine. Please insert an operating system installation CD into the optical drive of your Mac and restart the virtual machine."

"A file or device required for the operation of Hard Disk 1 does not exist or is used by another process, or you have no permission to access it. The virtual machine will continue running, but the device will be disconnected."

"A file or device required for the operation of CD/DVD 1 does not exist or is used by another process, or you have no permission to access it. The virtual machine will continue running, but the device will be disconnected."

I haven't used parallels for a while and I recently upgrade my OS to 10.6, also I did some file cleaning software. I am not sure what caused this to happen.

From these messages, I thought I have to reinstall Window 7 to Parallels but how?
    I do not have Window7 CD/DVD. I downloaded so I have iso file.
    I really am not good at fixing stuff like this at all nor understanding how Mac/PC thing works.
    I found iso file but I am afraid if I install, it might install to Mac?

Can anyone tell me step by step?

Attached Files:

2. SankarA

SankarA Bit poster

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012