Window resizing issue following win10 update

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PaulM23, May 23, 2018.

1. PaulM23

PaulM23 Bit poster

Following the recent WIN10 update, I am unable to resize the full-screen window of the game CIV 4. Due to Win10's lack of proper support for hi-res screens, I previously set the game to a low resolution (full screen mode) and expanded the window to fill the screen and make text readable. Now the window expands then jumps back to its original size, sometimes toggling between sized once. Note the game always does this during the loading but once running rescaling the window was OK before.
    OS 13.3.3 and Parallels 13.3.1 with Tools - running Civ 4 BtS

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @PaulM23 , please make a short video clip explaining the issue and send it to us, so that we can check and assist you accordingly.

3. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

We have received your response by e-mail, as quoted below. Please post your responses directly in this thread henceforth (i.e., if you are seeing this message in your mailbox right now, then do not respond to this e-mail - just visit the thread you posted in before and provide your response there).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,
    Taken Quicktime movie enclosed showing scaling then full-screen mode collapsing window.
    From that situation I can go full screen mode in Parallels but this is not ideal.
    How do I upload this 334 Mbit file to you ? Too big for email.
    Regards Paul McNeil
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Try and provide the video clip here in this thread.

4. PaulM23

PaulM23 Bit poster

Have taken Quicktime movies of behaviour. However, the file does not appear to be uploadable from the thread (grey in selection window), even a small 480p, 19.7 Mbit sized one. Is this a size issue or format ?
    Clearly the full-screen mode of the application drives Win10 but is overriding the Parallels window scaling following the recent April upgrade. I note that turning off full-screen mode in the game settings results in the startup progress window stuck in the centre of the screen while the app is in a floating window so no solution there. I believe this is a known bug in this game.
    I further have noted on experimenting with settings that switching to full-screen mode in Parallels from the small WIN10 'full-screen' window does fill the screen but must be toggled back if access to the mac desktop is required.