Window Swapping Problem Coherence and xp

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Mel A, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Mel A

Mel A Junior Member

If I open Mac Powerpoint 2008 with two or more ppt files open (for example file1.ppt, file2.ppt and file3.ppt), I have problems swapping between an xp widow and powerpoint. For example if I am in file1.ppt and then swap to a bible program window in xp and on the powerpoint icon in the dock, it doesn't return to the PPT window with file1.ppt. It may return to the file2.ppt or file3.ppt window. Sometimes I can go to the ppt file menu and selcect file1.ppt under the window to get back where I started, but usually it refuses to go to that window unless I swap out of coherence mode. Sometimes, I have found that the file1.ppt and file2.ppt windows are in different MAC SPACES, so this may be the problem. I 'm just not sure why they show up in different spaces. I am using parallels 6.0 with xp professional. I had this same problem with parallels 5.0.

2. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

This is the Mac OS X Guest OS Discussion forum which is for running Mac OS X Server inside Parallels. You should post this to the Windows Guest OS Discussion forum.

3. LaramieD

LaramieD Bit poster

Hey I have a question. I've got parallel downloaded, but when I open it the only vm I can run is MAC OSX... how can I run windows?

4. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

You're question is unrelated to the original post. You should create a new thread.

Read the documentation. The documentation in the Parallels Desktop Help menu is the same as the documentation at:
    http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/technical-documentation/

Parallels Desktop virtualizes PC hardware. You need to get the operating system separately. For Linux, you download an .iso disk image. For Windows, you need to buy it as a CD or DVD or buy it as an .iso disk image download.