Windows 10 1511 network adapter fail after install

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by James Holcomb, Dec 1, 2015.

1. James Holcomb

James Holcomb Junior Member

When creating a new VM for Windows 10 Version 1511 (x86). Latest Desktop 10 installed. Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. Sometimes the network adapter will connect, most of the time it won't. Using ethernet on the Mac, default adapter bridged on client.

Windows event log error:
    The network interface "Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Network Connection" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver detected that its hardware has stopped responding to commands.

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

(I've updated my post, since Parallels Desktop 10 seems to not support the 82574L adapter)

Please try the next (for version PD10): stop the VM, open the Parallels VM Config -> Hardware -> Network -> Advanced Settings and switch the NIC type to be "Realtek RTL8029"

For Parallels Desktop 11 it is better to use the "Intel(r) Gigabit CT (82574L)" (which is the default configuration)

3. James Holcomb

Thanks for the reply. That seems to work so far.
    The VM in question is a new install of a Windows 10 Build 1511 ISO image.
    However, I am able to use the Intel PRO/1000 MT on Windows 10 that was previously upgrade from Windows 7 (but not to Build 1511 yet).
    Is 1511 the issue?

4. James Holcomb

I spoke too soon. Same problem. I've tried all the different network adapters (realtek, virtio and intel).
    The realtek and virtio adapters do not issue a warning in the windows event log.