Windows 10 1709 Updates Won't Install

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DavidK28, Mar 14, 2018.

1. DavidK28

DavidK28 Bit poster

I have tried everything suggested on this forum, and the Microsoft forums to install updates for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update without any luck. The virtual machine either crashes, or the Windows updated fail to install. There seems to be some incompatibility between Windows 10 Creators Update and Parallels VM.

Sparkhound likes this.
  2. KeithD3

KeithD3 Bit poster

I have this same problem, as well. I have attempted to open a support ticket on it, but cannot, because the support ticket tool keeps rejecting my support ID, saying it is invalid. It is not invalid, I am cutting and pasting it from what Parallels is telling me, and have triple-checked it. This is maddening that I cannot update Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators Update. It has been failing almost daily for months, and I cannot open a ticket on it.

3. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @DavidK28 , please let us know if you have any freezing or crashing issues in previous built of Windows. We wanted to confirm if the new Windows update or any other factors.

4. KeithD3

KeithD3 Bit poster

@Arun@Paraellels

I know your question was not directed towards me, but just to provide feedback, I have never had any issues with freezing or crashing in any previous build of Windows. It is only when attempting to upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creators update (1709). The updates are applied, Windows says it needs to restart to finish the upgrade, it restarts, and at the very moment of the VM being stopped and starting back up again, Parallels crashes. I manually boot back up again, and it's like the update never happened, and I have to start all over again. This has been happening almost daily for months.

5. KeithD3

KeithD3 Bit poster

Disregard, I upgraded to Parallels 13 and it worked first try after that. Wow, that is buggy in the older Parallels version... (10.3.something I think)