Windows 10 apps locking up

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BobV2, Feb 16, 2018.

1. BobV2

BobV2 Bit poster

I'm running Windows 10 Home (v 1703, build 15063.909) under Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Home Edition, Version 13.2.0 (43213) on my MacBook Pro running Sierra 10.12.6.

It is not uncommon for me to just close the lid to my laptop while the apps are open (it is always on AC, not battery power). When I open the laptop again, everything is usually fine. But every day or two, the wait wheel is spinning when I open the laptop and access Parallels. The wait wheel never stops, no matter how long I wait. Windows itself is not technically locked up but the clock ticks are so consumed that it runs incredibly slowly. The Task Manager would not open nor would the Start button. But I am able to access and close each Windows app manually - but they leave an open button on the task bar suggesting to me that the apps are not really closed. See screen shot.
    Screenshot 2018-02-16 07.40.52.jpg
    Note that the MacOS is not locked up and it does not seem to matter which Windows apps are open. That is, it has happened with a different combination of apps. But my only option seems to be to restart Windows from the Parallels menu.

I hope that someone can help me to solve this problem. Thanks.

2. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @BobV2, can you please send us a tech report the next time this situation happens? When you come across the spinning wheel issue in Windows, please press Ctrl+Alt to release mouse back to Mac > navigate to Mac menu bar > Help > Send Technical Data... > once the report is sent please post the report ID here.
    Thanks!