Windows 10 ARM

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JasonP26, Feb 2, 2023.

1. JasonP26

JasonP26 Bit poster

For several reasons to long to type I want to run a Windows 10 VM on my MacBook Air M2.
    I am an enterprise customer with MS and have access to download Windows 10 64ARM, this is the latest version released in Jan 2023 Win_Pro_10_22H2.3_64ARM DVD ISO image.

As many I get a blue screen shortly after install starts. I have tried changing the TPM to 1.2 in the VM BIOS and disabling the TPM in the BIOS. No combination seems to allow it to finish install. I also tried removing the TPM in the parallels config.

I know Windows 10 is not offically supported but it seems that if its an ARM version that it should work.

Any one have any ideas how to get the Windows 10 ARM version to run as a VM on M2 chipset. I am running the latest version of Parallels

Thank you in advance for any ideas!

2. JasonP26

JasonP26 Bit poster

Just an Update ..... if you do a manual install the installation starts copying files and then it fails.

3. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello @JasonP26, The Windows 10 ARM is not supported on the M1/M2 chip Mac in the Parallels Desktop. Windows 11 ARM insider preview is the only windows version available for M1/M2 chip mac as of now. Kindly refer to this KB article to install Windows 11 ARM on M1/M2 chip Macs.