Windows 10 ARM64 on Mac Studio running Parallels Desktop 18

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TomAnthony, May 1, 2023.

1. TomAnthony

TomAnthony Bit poster

I've had my Mac Studio for coming up for a year now, and been using Windows 11 ARM64 with Parallels Desktop 18 with no issues. The combination as allowed me to run everything my old Intel based MacBook Pro from 2018 was able to run with the exception of one thing.

I have an old HP ScanJet 4600 scanner that I use for scanning artwork on old amusement machines, the Windows Vista driver worked great in Windows 10 but doesn't work on Windows 11.

Getting to my actual question (Finally I hear you say), I want to try installing ARM64 version of Windows 10 but Microsoft have removed it from their site. I tried a couple of version on archive.org but the moment It starts to install files I get a blue screen and a reboot.

Does anyone else have these issues running on the latest version of Parallels? Where can I get an ISO of Windows 10 ARM64?

Any advice would be great.

2. TomAnthony

TomAnthony Bit poster

Incase anyone is looking, I found a thread on here which directed me to this video

After installing Brew and downloading countless dependancies I got a message that the ISO was no longer on Microsoft server.
    Thankfully in the comments section was a link to a google drive with a .VHDX file, after importing into Parallels I now have Windows 10 Pro.

3. Erik_

Erik_ Bit poster

I have been looking for a Win 10 instance for a long time, but I was unable to find the Drive link you referred to.
    Would you mind sharing it?