Windows 10 automatic repair loop and crash

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by HeatherN, Sep 5, 2020.

1. HeatherN

HeatherN Bit poster

I should say at the outset that i just upgraded my Parallels Desktop to an annual subscription, because it appeared that this would get me telephone support. However, that still isn't appearing as an option when I click on "support," so I'm feeling a little ripped off.

To continue, here's the saga. For some reason (and I'm not sure why), I kept getting a Parallels message that my VM was running out of space, and at one point, it asked me if I wanted this to be fixed. When I said that I did, things seemed to be going ok--I could launch Windows 10. However, I would still occasionally get the space message, and when I checked, I saw that my Windows 10 was using an enormous amount of space--the size of the hard drive when I go into configurations is 952 GB. When I tried to lower that, it gave me this message;

Unable to resize this hard disk. its file system needs to be repaired. Please try to start the virtual machine and check the file system for errors.

When I do that, I get:

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.

And then, a windows screen with "Preparing Automatic Repair"

And:
    Automatic Repair.
    Your PC did not start correctly. Press "Restart" to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also press "Advanced Options" to try other options to repair your PC.

But no matter what I do, I can't restart: it just kicks me back to the Parallels Control Center, and I have to start all over.

Help!

2. MichaelH42

MichaelH42 Bit poster

same here...

Automatic Repair.
    Your PC did not start correctly. Press "Restart" to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also press "Advanced Options" to try other options to repair your PC.

3. HaA

HaA Bit poster

same here even with the parallels 16.5

4. SergioT4

SergioT4 Bit poster

Same problem here!