Windows 10 blue screen on reboot after upgrading to 12.1.2 41525 and updating parallels tools

BradD808

Bit poster
This is the second time this has happened to me in a month. Have a Windows 10 VM working great and a Parallels update comes along that forces an update to the parallels tools and bam... windows gets stuck in a blue screen loop on restart. Using a windows 10 restore point from before the tools reinstall can get it to boot once, but if I upgrade the tools OR uninstall the tools, the next reboot blue screens forever again. If I cancel the parallels tools install, I can reboot the VM without blue screening. So effectively I'm running the 12.1.1 tools with the 12.1.2 build of the desktop.

No amount of "windows repair" attempts fix the problem. Would like to try the previous 12.1.1 version of Parallels Desktop if someone can provide a direct download link.

Using a new 2016 MacBook Pro 15" with touchbar. The last time this happened, I fixed it by rebuilding a new VM. Don't want to this time.
 
Last edited:
Same... although I don't know how to fix it. But each time an update comes out and I install it I spend the rest of the day trying to fix the damn thing! Very frustrated don't even know how to get help to fix it but am stuck with a screen that says the "Windows cannot access //Mac/Home/Desktop Check the spelling of the name... to try to identify and resolve network problem click diagnose but am unable to click on anything... just frozen. any help appreciated!
 
Same here.
I've fought it for all day. Even tried to downgrade the version of paralles desktop, it still doesn't work for me.
 
I get a "critical stop" window 10 BSOD. Called Support yesterday and my ticket is being escalated to the next tier.
 
Looks like we've got it working in the remote by uninstalling Parallels Tools from safe mode and removing all of PT traces afterwards.
 
Ivan did great work, but it was an ordeal. I would not be able to reproduce the uninstall and removing PT traces... Hopefully it doesn't come back.
 
I'm having a similar problem after upgrading. How do I uninstall PT? I can only boot into Safe Mode with Networking in Parallels. Windows is giving me an error message when I try to uninstall PT.
 
There was no option for Safe Mode on the windows boot screen. It showed only SATA, SATA Optical 1, SATA Optical 2, Networking.
 
There was no option for Safe Mode on the windows boot screen. It showed only SATA, SATA Optical 1, SATA Optical 2, Networking.
Have you followed steps as per the KB article:
- Open OS X System Preferences -> Keyboard and make sure Use all F1, F2 etc. keys as standard function keys option is enabled (checked)
- Open your Virtual Machine Configuration pane -> Hardware -> Boot order and check "Select boot device on startup.
- Start your Virtual Machine and make its window active (click on it).
- Press F8 before the Windows screen appears.
 
Back
Top