Windows 10 can not acquire focus in fullscreen mode.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JoseA2, Mar 1, 2017.

1. JoseA2

JoseA2 Bit poster

Hello,

I have been a Parallels user for 4 - 5 years. Each year upgrading to the latest version, everything had worked spectacularly until this latest version of Parallels 12 with Windows 10 as guest system.

My system is:
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
    2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB RAM
    Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3
    Parallesl Desktop 12 for Mac Pro Edition Version 12.1.3 (41532)
    Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 Build 14393.693

My Virtual Machine is not able to get the focus on the system, it is necessary to click or tap to acquire it.

I have followed the indications of other forums to configure the Do not optimize for games option, reinstall Parallels Tools and nothing has worked.

It is extremely inconvenient to have to be clicking to get the focus on the Virtual Machine, even more when you are in a writing application such as Outlook or Skype for Business (Lync)

Best regards,
    Alejandro

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, screen resolution in Parallels Desktop virtual machines is controlled by the Dynamic Resolution feature which is provided by Parallels Tools.
    When you resize the virtual machine's window by dragging its lower right corner, Guest OS window resolution changes automatically.
    When the virtual machine runs in Full-Screen view mode, the Dynamic Resolution automatically adjusts guest OS screen resolution to match Mac native screen resolution. Please check out this article to fix the issue.

3. JoseA2

JoseA2 Bit poster

Hello Paul,

I followed your recommendations and I found that by activating the option Optimized fullscreen for Games in the section Fullscreen has been what solved my problem, I can leave the option of Scale to Fit in Auto and still my Windows System is able to acquire the focus no need to click or tap on it

Thank you very much!:)

4. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Glad to hear that issue has been resolved. Please feel free to reach us anytime.