Windows 10 FCU on PD 13 flickers

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AlexA4, Nov 18, 2017.

1. AlexA4

AlexA4 Member

when switching CTRL-right arrow to the VM. This never happened before, but suddenly on PD 13.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @AlexA4, please shut down Windows (as opposed to simply suspending it; see http://bit.ly/1OfR3td for details), open the virtual machine configuration window (refer to http://bit.ly/1eQU5lF for assistance), navigate to Hardware -> CPU & Memory and allocate 2 processors (or just 1 if the total number of available processors is just 2) and 2 GB of memory for Windows [or just 1 GB if total Mac memory is only 2 GB (or) 3 GB if total Mac memory is 8 GB (or) 4 GB if total Mac memory is > 8 GB]. Then, select 'Graphics' and allocate 1 GB of video memory for Windows. Finally, ensure that 'Vertical Synchronization' is enabled and 'DirectX 9' is selected for '3D Acceleration' under 'Advanced Settings' and close the window. Thanks!

3. AlexA4

AlexA4 Member

I should clarify the flicker effect only happens when navigating to the VM which is in full screen mode. It doesn't even happen every time, are you sure I should follow all those instructions? My iMac has 4 cores, 32GB RAM, 2GB video ram. Currently 2 CPU cores allocated to the VM, 16GB RAM and 1GB video RAM. Nothing bad happened until I upgraded to Parallels Desktop 13, which leads me to think a fix is needed.

4. AlexA2

AlexA2 Member

I did check my 'Advanced Settings' and I have 'Vertical Synchronization' enabled and 'DirextX 10' selected. Also when is PD going to support DirectX 12?

5. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @AlexA2, DirectX 12 support might be enabled in future versions. Please try to change to Direct X 9 and let us know if that works.