Windows 10 freezes on startup, mouseclicks not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by WilliamB10, May 31, 2018.

1. WilliamB10

WilliamB10 Bit poster

Hi, new member and hope this is the right place for my question. I've been running parallels 13/windows 10 for 4-5 months and I love it. However, today I downloaded and installed a software package (DinoCapture 2.0) to support an old digital microscope. Now I cannot get windows to respond to any mouse clicks. I was able to move the cursor with the tab and arrow keys for once but that doesn't work now either. I'm not able formally to shut down windows nor uninstall the recently installed software. Help!!! Bill (running macbook pro retina, macOS 10.13.4)

2. WilliamB10

WilliamB10 Bit poster

OK I think I solved my problem. I was able to navigate with keyboard keys and finally get to the "start" button and then shut down windows. Then I shut down Parallels and rebooted Parallels/Windows and everything came up OK (so far). Still don't know what happened to the mouse clicks not being picked up???

3. Hi WilliamB10. Parallels Tools might not be installed properly due to some third party conflict. After restarting the virtual machine, the tools should have updated successfully and it is working fine now. Nice to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please post again for any additional queries.