Windows 10 Guest - Shared Network - Error

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DavidG2, May 10, 2018.

1. DavidG2

DavidG2 Member

Every few minutes windows status bar will show a yellow triangle to indicate that there is a problem with the network. Indeed the guest is no longer able to connect to the internet. I click on devices - network and shared network (even though it's ticked already) and the error will disappear for a short while. If I go through the Windows troubleshooting it says it can fix it and the problem does go away for a few minutes but eventually returns.

I am using a MacBook Pro 2017 with a wifi connection.

This problem is most irritating. The host MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4 does not experience any network problems itself.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @DavidG2 , please try Actions > Reinstall Parallels Tools and check if that works.

3. DavidG2

DavidG2 Member

Just tried it - still same problem unfortunately.

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Kindly start the virtual machine and go to the top menu bar, click on Actions--> Configure--> Hardware--> Network1--> change the source to Bridge network ( Default adapter) and check if it helps.

5. DavidG2

DavidG2 Member

That so far seems ok. Any idea what could be causing the issue with shared mode ?

6. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

It depends upon the connection you use like wired or wireless ( refer https://bit.ly/2IyqSWj for more information )