Windows 10 guest slow (moving windows stutteringy)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ChristophK2, May 26, 2020.

1. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

PTBX 3.9.1 (3170)
    || Version 15.1.4 (47270)

Don't know if it came with the latest update but moving windows around is kind of stuttering.

--
    Christoph

2. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

No one out there to comment? How can I make sure all Parallels drivers for mac graphics hardware are installed in the VM?

3. Hello Christoph, could you describe the issue in more details? How do windows move around?

4. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

I wish your answer had come earlier. Now the problem is gone again. It went away after I connected my external USB3.0 backup drive.
    That doesn't probably have to do with the disappearing of the slowing down. Someone in another forum asked whether I had installed "Parallels Tools" for Mac. I cannot recall of having come across that option at all during all the time working with Parallels since 2017. So I assume this is being installed anyway when installing Parallels on a Mac.

It could be observed that every blit operation in graphics seemed to be slow. Be it the switching to the launchpad view on the macOS side or card deck build up in freecell on the windows 10 side. Moving around windows (dragging on the cursor) looked slow. One could see the single window redraw cycles.
    In the meantime I installed Intel Power Gadget to be prepared to gather more information next time this will occur again.

I have recorded a little video sequence showing the build up of the Launchpad sceen, but I'm afraid it isn't blatant enough to convince anyone of the presence of the problem :) But as a user myself who is working with my Macbook every day it is so noticable that it is bugging me.

(BTW, could a moderator please correct the typo in the thread title "stutteringy" to "stuttering". Thanks)