Windows 10 Home edition cannot connect to internet

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DominicO3, Mar 7, 2017.

1. DominicO3

DominicO3 Bit poster

Hi All,
    I have installed Parallels on my mac book which is running OS X Yosemite, I have subsequently installed Windows 10 Home edition but it cannot detect the WIFI and also says there is a problem with the ethernet connection.
    I reinstalled parallel whilst in Windows 10 as per an instruction on this forum but the result is the same.
    Need to add that I am running the trial version of Parallels.
    can anybody help??
    Thanks, Dominic

2. KevinClarke

KevinClarke Product Expert

Hi Dominic,
    Have you re-installed Parallel tools. This is required internet access, sound etc. It should auto install after updating parallels. I suggest you re-install this first
    Control Center -> Actions - > Reinstall Parallel Tools
    Regards
    Kevin

3. DominicO3

DominicO3 Bit poster

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for getting back to me! I did reinstall parallels, but from within Windows 10 (Add or remove programmes / uninstall). Should I try to reinstall from within OS X?

Thanks,

Dominic

4. KevinClarke

Hi Dominic,
    No I would not have do a uninstall via add and remove. At the moment we are only suggesting re-installing the tools part of Parallels not the complete package, so to do this with Windows started, on the Mac side go into the Parallels control panel (the two red vertical lines) select Actions, then select "Reinstall Parallel Tools". Then in Windows you should see the box appear asking if you really want to do it say yes, then a further box appears with Parallel tools installing. This take a few minutes and will require a reboot after it completes. Lets see if this helps.

Regards
    kevin

5. DominicO3

DominicO3 Bit poster

Hi Kevin,
    The re installation went ok but still no connection to the internet whilst in Windows. I have upload a picture whereby you can see the icon in the right hand corner.
    Thanks,
    Dominic

Attached Files:

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Dominic03, I hope this blog post will help to get back internet access in Windows 10 virtual machine.

7. KevinClarke

Hi Paul Chris,

That's a great blog and about covers it all :)
    Kevin

8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Yes, it's very nice one. It covers almost all the network troubleshooting in a single post @KevinClarke The credits goes to @Maria@Parallels

9. GillianF

GillianF Bit poster

I have followed all this advice and I'm *still* no closer to getting my internet working on Windows 10 (Parallels 12). The adapter is "disconnected" and switching it to "shared" (or anything else for that matter) doesn't work - I simply get a message saying the Virtual Machine still has no network connection. I have tried EVERYTHING short of reinstalling Windows or Parallels. I have reinstalled, uninstalled/reinstalled Parallels Tools (after which my graphics driver died). My network adapter is NOT found, not working correctly...everything under the sun. The Windows driver doesn't work as there is apparently no Windows 10 driver for this adapter. I've rolled back to another snapshot, rolled back windows updates. To no avail. I'm so disappointed with all the issues I've had! :(

Edited to add: I've just completed the arduous task of reinstalling windows and parallel tools and it still doesn't work?!! :|

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018