Windows 10 installation help

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GregK2, May 25, 2017.

1. GregK2

GregK2 Bit poster

Hi,
    Just bought Parallels 12 and then went to Microsoft and bought Windows 10 Single Language Edition Home.
    I downloaded both the 64 bit and the 32 bit versions. I launched Parallels, selected USB/Disk Image, the next screen found the two .iso files - I selected the 64 bit version and then walked away. When I came back 30 minutes or so later, I found this screen:
    OK - I can't paste the picture - so I'll describe it - The window title is "Windows Setup"; in the window is a "Select the operating system you want to install" message. Under it is a box with statement "No Images are available".
    How can that be?
    Thinking that perhaps Parallels doesn't support 64 bit, I re-ran the installation for the 32 bit version. Same screen.
    Am I doing anything wrong?
    If not, what's the resolution here?
    Thank you!
    Greg

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  2. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello GregK2, this time, please select the ISO image file and click continue and uncheck the "Express Installation" and continue. Please refer this article http://kb.parallels.com/4729 (Step 4) and check it helps. Thanks, Shathish