Windows 10 is slow on another account on same iMac.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by OleksandrS1, Sep 1, 2019.

1. OleksandrS1

OleksandrS1 Bit poster

Hello.

I've IMac 2019 i5. Recently I downloaded the latest Parallels Desktop (trial) and installed Windows 10. It works rather good. Just slow a little bit in old games in full screen. Probably not a big deal.
    Then as I have two accounts on IMac, I shared the virtual machine with another account based on the article https://www.parallels.com/blogs/sha...l-machine-between-multiple-mac-user-accounts/. I've shared to all users. Loaded the Windows under my account, and everything is ok. On another account, the Windows is very slowly, almost impossible to do anything.

What is the problem? Why the same VM is fast on one account and very slow on another?

And the additional question, the folder "/Users/my_user/Applications" isn't shared. What should I do with it?

Thank you in advance.

2. OleksandrS1

OleksandrS1 Bit poster

I found that Windows in the Parallels Desktop works fast only in the account that started Windows first.
    Even after log out from the first account, I got an error that was fixed with a hot solution: https://kb.parallels.com/112091.
    Then I got stable quick work of Windows. Seems that launching of Parallels Desktop with several accounts isn't supported well.

3. May I ask you for the tech.report creation? We need 1 report from the first account and the 2nd report from the 2nd Mac account.
    Please post the reports' ID here.
    Thanks in advance.

4. OleksandrS1

OleksandrS1 Bit poster

Hello.
    321578121 - works fine.
    321578230 - works slow.

5. Thanks a lot for your reply. Did you stop VM on your 1st Mac account before starting it on the second one?

6. OleksandrS1

OleksandrS1 Bit poster

Yes. It can't be launched on the second account if it's already running on the first one.