WINDOWS 10 Language bar blank

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by seand2, Jan 26, 2016.

1. seand2

seand2 Bit poster

Hi guys! Need your help.
    I am running windows 10 in parallels 11, and unfortunately, I had to restore the virtual machine via time machine. It worked out, but i am left with not being able to change the input language on the windows side. It worked before i did the restore ( cmd + space would invoke the language bar in windows), and now i have no idea which side (win or mac) this problem is addressing from. I've tried everything on the windows side, but the language bar ain't showing up, or if it does (on task bar) it shows a blank space with no input options. I even tried the regedit cmd. Now, checking on the parallels preferences, i do notice the keyboard shortcut options, and the change language option is checked, but is greyed out...can't unselect -- if that mean anything. Driving me nuts this is. Where should i look next? Is it a windows problem or a parallels problem?
    Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi seand2, Go to Mac > System requirements > Keyboard > Shortcut and disable 'Spotlight' shortcut (Command + Space).
    Now check on the Windows side if (Command + Space) gives you 'Switch Language'

3. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

If you still experience the same, reinstall Parallels Tools manually and change keyboard settings by referring to this article & check how it goes.