Windows 10 loses signal of USB Microphone

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by KarinW2, Apr 10, 2021.

1. KarinW2

KarinW2 Bit poster

Windows 10 ARM Insider Preview Build 21354 works great within Parallels Technical Preview 2, but sadly, I have a problem with my USB headsets. Both work fine until they don't - it's as if the Windows installation just loses the signal from the USB port after a few seconds up to a minute. Unplugging and replugging the headset helps, but again, only for a very short period of time. I tried Sennheiser's PC 8 USB headset (wired) and Sennheiser's SDS 5016 headset (wireless), it's exactly the same. The problem occured when using Dragon Professional Individual 15 (a speech recognition software), last update is installed. It would be SO great if this could be fixed, there simply is no adequate speech recognition software for MacOS since Nuance dropped he Mac version of Dragon.

2. KarinW2

KarinW2 Bit poster

Update: I tried connecting the headset to the Mac (instead of the Windows installation like I did before) which solved the problem. This way the headset does not show up in Windows as a device, but it still works if you address it as "default microphone" (the Mac Mini which use does not have a built in microphone)