Windows 10 (real PC) clock always wrong after uninstalling Parallels Tools

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BrianY2, Dec 19, 2017.

1. BrianY2

BrianY2 Bit poster

I have Windows 10 on a separate drive that I used to boot using Parallels 11 on Mac. I have since stopped using Parallels and want to use Windows 10 by itself as a native boot on an entirely different machine. After setting up and reactivating Windows 10 on my new machine, I uninstalled the Parallels Tools. Unfortunately, I'm experiencing an odd issue where the clock for Windows 10 is never correct on boot. I can fix it temporarily by toggling the "Set Time Automatically" on and off but as soon as I reboot the clock is wrong again.

I have a feeling there might be some residual services/files/configurations from Parallels Tools left over that is messing up Windows. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this or perhaps have special instructions to fully/manually uninstall all of Parallels Tools?

2. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Without Parallels Tool Windows will have wrong time due to synchronisation between suspend/resume states. Windows does not read CMOS to update clock on resume. Parallels Tools did that for you. But you have deleted them. The only way to set Windows sync clock via network. Or, use Windows shutdown instead of suspend.

3. BrianY2

BrianY2 Bit poster

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I'm don't actually use suspend, I only shutdown all the way. The problem occurs every time I boot up Windows after full shut down. As I mentioned, I can temporarily fix it by opening my Date & Time setting and toggling "Set Time Automatically" on and off again but that's annoying to do every time. Is a some configuration/utility/file/registry that Parallels Tool installs or modifies that is messing with the clock on boot up?

4. alexg

No

By the way, why do not use Parallels Tools?

5. BrianY2

BrianY2 Bit poster

As I said in my post, I am no longer using Parallels on my Mac. I took out my Windows 10 hard drive and transferred it to a new PC entirely. I'm trying to uninstall Parallels Tools because I'm not using Parallels anymore and my clock seems to be broken because of it.

6. alexg

BrianY2, i see... I don't know what is wrong on your PC. Parallels Tools do not touch any registry or do tweaking of the system in terms of clock.