Windows 10 service always consuming cpu (low)

Rodrigo4

Bit poster
Hi All,

I have purchased and Parallels and installed on my need MacBook 2017.
I have realised that even in idle mode, the service windows 10 on my Mac is always consuming a bit os resources ( something between 5-15%) all the time. the installation is fresh and new and the one things I have changed are the typical recommendations for increasing the performance of the ssd ( disabling the pagination, super fetch, disabling updates and stuff like that), however, is still always consuming this amount of cpu.
Eventually I have only seen it using 0% only once, and lasted a single minute.

any suggestions??

Thank!
 
Rodrigo4, Windows do something always. That is the problem. I think you can't stop it or you have to disable all the services inside Windows. But it is not an option.
 
hi Alex, thanks for your fast reply.
I can see in the windows task manager that the activity is something between 1 to 3 when idle, this is why I don't understeand why this turns to 5-15 is Mac
 
Ok Alexg. Should I understeand then that this is normal, so all parallels user will experience this, I believe...

on the other hand, what is the difference of the processes parallels desktop and windows10? the first one mentioned is at 0% when in idle, so its perfect.
 
Rodrigo4, do you know how emulation work? Parallels Desktop emulates all the computer components, while Windows emulates nothing.
 
Hi Alex,
Thank for your replies. No, I don't know how emulation works. I just need to use windows on my Mac and believe parallels is the best option.
 
Back
Top