Windows 10 suspend automatically

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TomM6, Jun 8, 2016.

1. TomM6

TomM6 Bit poster

Hey,

i installed Windows 10 with Parallels Desktop. How can i configure that my windows/ Parallels Desktop suspends automatically after 5 min?(not pause, i mean the suspend option from Paralells Desktop)

Thank you very much!

2. Hello TomM6,
    Please check if Virtual Machine Configuration > Options > Applications > Pause windows is possible is checked.
    if its checked please uncheck it and let us know if it makes any changes.
    If still Windows suspends automatically then please send us the screenshot of the Windows screen and we will check it out for you.

3. TomM6

TomM6 Bit poster

"i want to" that the Virtual Machine suspends automatically. How can i configure Paralells that i suspends automatically after 5 min.?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  4. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello TomM6,
    Unfortunately there is no option to automatically suspend a virtual Machine through Parallels Desktop configuration.
    In order to suspend a virtual machine, you will have to do one of the following procedure manually every time :
    * Choose Suspend from the Actions menu
    Or
    * Click the Suspend button in the Parallels Desktop toolbar.
    Or
    * Click close button from top left hand corner.
    If you would like to automatically suspend your virtual machine using Windows power-saving feature, you can try Windows 10 hibernation option.

Another piece of information - Pausing a virtual machine is quite efficient because the resume process takes less time comparing to suspending, as the virtual machine's process is already running and guest RAM is loaded. Additionally you have the option to pause the virtual machine automatically when window is not active for more than 30 seconds.
    Check this article for more information about Suspend and Pause operations in Parallels Desktop virtual machine.

Thanks,
    Dhana.

5. FarhadS

FarhadS Bit poster

Hi. I can run windows. On the screen it shows "Suspended"
    I have bought the program and have the last apple version.
    Can you kindly help me ?

6. Hello, are you able to wake up your virtual machine?
    Did you try to reset it?