Windows 10 switching input language

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by UgisG, Feb 20, 2020.

1. UgisG

UgisG Bit poster

Hello,
    I've configured windows 10 (build 1909) to have only 1 input language (keyboard) and made it also as default input method.
    When windows boots up, all is good, my selected language is active. In the language list, for some reason, there are 3 input languages available (why?), but that might be fine...
    However, if i switch to some app on mac (macOS Catalina) and switch back to windows, the input language is automatically changed to one of these 3 available ones, but not my default. Since it is different layout, I can't use it and need to switch back to my default to be able to work.
    What is causing windows to switch input language?
    And why can't I have just the single input language which would be always used by default?
    This is on parallels desktop 15 for mac (15.1.2).
    I'm a long time VMware user and never faced such issue. Also, this VM was converted by parallels, but i didn't have any problems with language when using VMware Fusion. I guess this is some kind of a "feature" of Parallels?
    Any idea how to solve this?
    Thanks,
    Ugis

2. @UgisG, hi, could you share with us the screenshot of those 3 languages please?

3. UgisG

UgisG Bit poster

Hi,

My preferred language is English (US) with one keyboard (only one keyboard.png)
    Default input method is set to English (US) - Latvian (Standard) keyboard (default input.png)
    3 options are available as input methods (3 keyboards.png). The correct one is ENG LVS or in worst case ENG US. But definitely not ENG LV.

And the worst thing that happens is when I switch between Parallels and mac apps - Parallels is changing my input to ENG LV which is not defined anywhere and not usable at all.

P.S. My trial expires in 8 days.

Ugis

Attached Files:

4. UgisG

UgisG Bit poster

I have already configured this. If you check screenshot "only one keyboard.png" you will see that it is already defined.

5. Could you create and share with us one more screenshot?
    Control panel->Language and region->language

6. UgisG

UgisG Bit poster

Screenshot attached

Attached Files: