Windows 10 takes two attempts to start up

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Lindsay, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Lindsay

Lindsay Member

Starting up Windows 10 the first time it shows starting then shows shutting down. The critical error report window then comes up. Trying a second time to start Windows it starts normally. Does this every time.
    Latest Windows 10 all updates installed.
    Latest Parallels 10 all updates installed.
    Latest Mac OS X 10.10.5 all updates installed.

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

3. LindsayC

LindsayC Bit poster

Thanks. Tried all that no errors found still the same.

4. @LindsayC, could you please provide us with the screenshot of this error message and also generate the problem report using this KB and reply us back with the report ID number.

5. RHS

RHS Hunter

This is also happening to me after upgrading my Windows 7 VM to Windows 10. Everything runs fine, except I have to start Windows 10 twice every time. I will also use these steps and report back.

6. RHS

RHS Hunter

Also, I created Parallels support code number 28156-76069 last night. I have uploaded dozens of error reports, but this is the first time I've requested support.

7. RHS

RHS Hunter

Maria - I checked your troubleshooting steps listed above. I ran the SFC scan and it said there was a corrupt file. I also filtered the output file and have attached it to this reply. I was wondering if this issue with the file "adcjavas.inc" might be causing the problem? I googled "adcjavas.inc" and it seems there is a bug in Windows 10 regarding this file.

Attached Files:

8. Lindsay

Lindsay Member

Maria. Done that with ID report 72163222. Screenshot of the error message/report window attached.

Attached Files:

9. Arno1

Arno1 Parallels Developers

I believe that you are not using the Windows 10 guest type for the VM.
    You may try to set it, or alternatively you may try to issue 'powercfg -h off' in the command prompt with elevated privileges in Windows.

10. Lindsay

Lindsay Member

Arno1,
    I've got absolutely no idea what your talking about. Need a better explanation.

This version is Windows 10 Pro N on a Mac Pro desktop.
    I have the same Windows version on a Macbook Pro laptop that doesn't have the same problem opening. Both using Parallels 10.
    Both were updated from Windows 8.1.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  11. Arno1

Arno1 Parallels Developers

Lindsay,

Guest OS type is a drop-down box at the top of the 'General' tab of the Virtual Machine configuration window. It gives Parallels a hint on which operating system is installed in the Virtual Machine. Since you run Windows 10, it is better to set it to Windows 10.
    However if it fails to work somehow, you may open a command prompt with elevated privileges in Windows(step 1 at SFC Scan link above explains how to do it), input 'powercfg -h off' into it(without quotes) and hit Enter.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  12. LindsayC

LindsayC Bit poster

Hi Arno1,
    Problem fixed. Thanks for that explanation. "Guest OS type is a drop-down box at the top of the 'General' tab of the Virtual Machine configuration window. It gives Parallels a hint on which operating system is installed in the Virtual Machine. Since you run Windows 10, it is better to set it to Windows 10".
    That was the problem. Other Windows was selected instead of Windows 10.