Windows 10 Taskbar folders non-accessible after installing Parallels 12 Mac Pro Edition

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RK_, Feb 19, 2017.

1. RK_

RK_ Bit poster

Hello All,

This is my first post on a Parallels Forum so my apologies if there is already another thread. First off, this is a crucial day-to-day software for me and it slows down a lot of things when an issue like this occurs. Otherwise, I enjoy Parallel's Desktop.

I spent days trying to fix this. Uninstalling, re-installing, etc. To further explain the issue and I feel like everytime I am pushed to upgrade because of the "new" and "improved" Parallels Desktop gearing towards the Mac OS updates, everything is a long slow start. It gets buggy and doesn't operate as smooth as what eventually became somewhat flawless on the previous versions of PD.

The issue I am having now is that everytime I open up any type of Windows folder, it docks at the taskbar and just stays there. It doesn't open up, but it shows a thumbnail preview. The window doesn't want to open up on the screen display; I can't do anything as one normally would. Very irritating.

My iMac is maxed out with specs, so performance issues are a non-issue for me. Parallel's Desktop-Mac Pro Edition was offered to me the same price as the regular PD 12 version which I did think about to avoid any possible issues and just went wit the pro edition for the 1 year. <==== which btw can some one remind me if I have to pay again for the regular PD12 VERSION after the pro edition expires or can it be a permanent key like my PD10 without paying anything. I have to look back and check.

This isn't the first time where I have upgraded specifically to the MAC PRO EDITION thinking it would run smoother, take advantage of the in between upgrades where I have also experienced buggy experiences like this.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  2. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

3. RK_

RK_ Bit poster

Hi Raj,

I have had the start menu problems with previous versions, but this time it's not being able to pull up any folder window.

4. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please try reinstalling Parallels Tools then reboot Windows virtual machine and keep us posted the result.