Windows 10, USB 3.0 and 3.1 Issues

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AndrewB30, Nov 24, 2019.

1. AndrewB30

AndrewB30 Bit poster

So i usually use the alternative VM software but faced an issue with USB 3 Devices, so i thought i would try Parallels to see if that would work with the view to purchasing if it does.
    However exactly the same issue is present:

• Mac OSX Catalina latest
    • Parallels 15 Latest
    • Windows 10 November build
    No matter what i do i cannot connect a USB 3.1 Device (both via c and a plug types) to the Windows Guest OS. The standard error "unable to connect to this device" pop up shows up.

I tried the FAQ edit of the file and that made no difference. If i set to USB 2 or plug into a USB 2 port the device connects perfectly but obviously speed is shocking. Switch to Usb 3 and nothing.

Seeing as both VM software seem to have exactly the same issue it must either be the Windows 10 or Catalina posing the issue.

Any pointers i have not tried would be appreciated.

2. G__3

G__3 Bit poster

I have similar issues with Windows Guest OS not able to use USB smart card reader. However, I did find out the Mac was having issues due to Catalina removing support for 3rd party that use TokenD for smart cards (reference: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210541). My Mac now works with smart card reader, but Windows is still not working with USB smart card reader. The driver shows okay in device manager, it is assigned in Parallels configuration console, but when opening site to sign-in with smart card, Windows Security window pops up but does not recognize smart card. The light on reader only comes on when I switch to Mac, but Windows Guest never enables the smart card as it says it does. I have re-installed Parallel tools and rebooted several times with no luck also. Something went wrong with reader on Windows Guest (Windows 10, version 1909), but no OS relevant indication of misconfiguration.

Hoping someone can help.