Windows 10 VM won't startup anymore.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Ktg5, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Ktg5

Ktg5 Bit poster

Every time I try to launch Parallels Desktop 14 and try to open a VM, it looks like it's booting but then a second later - it closes. Yesterday it was working just fine, but I can't launch any VM I make.
    I've tried reinstalling Parallels Desktop and restarting, nothing has fixed it yet.
    Any ideas?

2. Hello, what is your macOS version?

3. Ktg5

Ktg5 Bit poster

I use the latest version of macOS, 10.15.6

4. Ktg5

Ktg5 Bit poster

Uhh... Is there anything I should try?

5. Parallels Desktop 14 only partly compatible with macOS 10.15, please check this KB article for more information.
    As a probable solution please upgrade your Parallels Desktop to the latest build 16.0.1 and check the issue. You can test it during the 14 days trial period.
    Please share any results with us.

6. Ktg5

Ktg5 Bit poster

Updating to Parallels Desktop 16 works, but I don't understand why Parallels Desktop 14 doesn't work? Like I said - it was working a 1 day before I created the forum thread, I don't remember changing anything about macOS on that day.

7. Compatibility may be the mail reason of issues with Parallels Desktop 14 (and previous versions) and macOS 10.15/
    From time to time we get message that Parallels Desktop 11 work on macOS Catalina, but now it doesn't.
    If Parallels Desktop is incompatible with macOS it will not work properly and from time to time Parallels Desktop or VM may crash or just doesn't start (for example)
    We recommend to update to the latest (or compatible) Parallels Desktop version or if customer doesn't want to we recommend make a back up copy of VM, because due to version incompatibility, any problems can arise at any time.