Windows 10

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PhilipR2, Oct 12, 2020.

1. PhilipR2

PhilipR2 Bit poster

Suddenly, when I clicked on Parallels in my iMAC, an unexpected installation of Windows 10 started up. The installation continued for several hours but in the Configuration Phase, it asked me if I wanted to accept the rapid settings option, I answered the question, but it kept repeating the question about Configuration as if it had not received my reply. I had to abort installation (MAC Ctrl + Command + Off button) in order to rescue functionality of the MAC partition.
    The installation was unexpected, but seemed inevitable. Now, I find the Win partition blocked, and I am afraid of trying to reenter it. Win is connected via USB to the iMAC via a LACIE external drive (1TNB), and already had a regularly purchased and operating Windows 10.
    How can this blockage be remedied, and how do I deal with what must be two Windows 10s?

2. Hello, could you please share a bit more details with us? Screenshot of the blocked Windows partition will be very helpful.

3. PhilipR2

PhilipR2 Bit poster

One development: I got the menu with options for problem solving from Windows and requested re-installation. However, the system simply brought me back to the same menu as you see illustrated here. I have completed the request many times, but it still comes back.

Attached Files:

4. PhilipR2

PhilipR2 Bit poster

Here is the screenshot you request,

Attached Files:

5. When did it appear? Could you provide us with the step-by-step instructions in order to reproduce the issue on our side?

6. PhilipR2

PhilipR2 Bit poster

The menu you see appeared after several hours of installation of Windows 10. The process had reached the configuration stage and the menu (in Italian) asked me to make configuration choices. I chose the acceptance of Microsoft's recommendations on all configuration choices, etc. From then on the process started, but then it returned each time to the same menu that you see. I also tried to click the choices manually. In every case, there was no way of stopping the loop or exiting the installation process.

7. Did you download iso file from official MS website?

8. PhilipR2

PhilipR2 Bit poster

I think so, because I paid for Win 10. Now, however, I have no ISO file on my disk.

9. PhilipR2

PhilipR2 Bit poster

Clarification: when I opened my traditional Windows 10, suddenly an update installation got underway, and that lasted several hours before the present stall.

10. PhilipR2

PhilipR2 Bit poster

I have a receipt from Microsoft.it dated 19 Oct 2019, showing the Product key as well.

11. Are you installing Windows from the disk? (if you're not using iso image file)

12. PhilipR2

PhilipR2 Bit poster

I believe it came directly from Microsoft, from Online. The update if that is what it was suddenly took over and didn't give me otherwise the opportunity to ascertain where it came from.

13. Just once more question: are you trying to install update inside your VM or create new VM?

14. PhilipR2

PhilipR2 Bit poster

Inside.