Windows 11 after update, shows blank screen

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AlexR29, Mar 15, 2023.

1. AlexR29

AlexR29 Bit poster

After updating Win 11, it does not anymore, a blank screen is all I see. Is there any solution for this problem?

THanks.

2. AlexR29

AlexR29 Bit poster

Is anybody experiencing the same problem? Parallel was installed on a brand new Mac Pro with the M2 chip, running Ventura lates OS. After Win 11 was upgrade, now I see a blank screen, it does not work anymore. How about the developer, any solution? How can I install Win 10?

3. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello Alex, please refer to and follow the steps to fix the black screen on Windows 11 virtual machine. Thanks.

4. AlexR29

AlexR29 Bit poster

I followed the steps to fix the blank screen twice, it did not help. Rebooting windows in safe mode is not working. Any other idea or solution?

5. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello Alex, Please follow the below-mentioned steps
    1. Force restart Windows in Parallels Desktop: click Actions on the Mac menu bar > Reset. If you use a virtual machine in Full Screen view mode move the mouse to the top of the screen and wait for 1-2 seconds to open the Mac menu bar. Thanks

6. AlexR29

AlexR29 Bit poster

I followed the steps outlined above, it did not work. I am using the new Mac Pro with the M2 Max chip. How can I install windows 10?

7. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

Greetings AlexR29,
    On October 5, 2021 Microsoft announced that they are stopping to support Arm Windows 10 and focusing on Arm Windows 11.
    Therefore, kindly start your virtual machine, reproduce the issue, collect a technical report (click Parallels icon || > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply message (https://kb.parallels.com/9058 )
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

8. NaroM

NaroM Bit poster

Try pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys at the same time, and then select the "Task Manager" option. In Task Manager, select "File" and then "Run a new task." Type "explorer.exe" into the text field and click OK. This may help open the Windows desktop.

Xefi likes this.
  9. Xefi

Xefi Bit poster

Thank you! You're a Life saver!

10. carlosrodzbotet

carlosrodzbotet Hunter

I know how to use Force Quit on mac but I don't have ctrl alt and delete on my Mac Air M1. Where's the ALT so I can stop a Win 11 program install that's frozen?

11. MatthewR20

MatthewR20 Most valuable person

alt is option

12. carlosrodzbotet

carlosrodzbotet Hunter