Windows 11 ARM not working on M1/Monterey - how do I update?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by PredragS, Nov 3, 2021.

1. PredragS

PredragS Bit poster

Hi all,
    New user here - just got Parallels and installed a VM. Sorry for all the basic questions but I'm very new to this. Got build 22483, but nothing is really working for me. I cant open the Start menu unless I restart explorer. In the start menu, most things dont work - cant access settings for example. I have downloaded battle.net which works nicely. But can't install the Xbox app for example. And this is true for pretty much anything in the app. Generally it is not really responsive with anything. Read here that there is a new build available (22489), but I cant find anyway to install or upgrade it. Can someone please help me?

MichalH5 likes this.
  2. MichalH5

MichalH5 Bit poster

Hi, I have the same problem, but I don't understand your answer MichalH63.
    In point 1, there is a link to the update from win 10. But I don't have win 10. I don't have any windows.
    In point 2, there is no link to any specific guide.

3. MichalH5

MichalH5 Bit poster

The procedure that states the L3tron member in another thread works:

Found my problem cause: I Installed the German language Pack and set Default to it. Then the Error occurs. Switched Back to en-US everything is fine again.
    Since you cannot Open Settings you must use Powershell (administrative) to change language back:

Set-WinUserLanguageList en-US -Force
    Restart-Computer