Windows 11 Pro on M2 Macbook Air

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MaulikO, Feb 15, 2023.

1. MaulikO

MaulikO Bit poster

Hi,

Does Windows 11 Pro work on the M2 Macbook Pro using Parallels? Does this installation support packages such as Visual Studio / SQL Server Developer Edition etc? Anyone with experience using these on M2 Macbook would be great.

Thanks.

2. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

Greetins MaulikO,

Yes, Windows 11 Pro works on M2 Macbook Pro with Parallels.

As for VS Studio and SQL server - you can install and activate a trial version of Parallels Desktop to check the performance.

If any issue appears, simply collect technical report at the moment of reproduction as per instructions:
    Click Parallels icon || > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply message.
    Let us know if you have any additional questions or any issues.

Thank you!

3. DavidB150

DavidB150 Bit poster

I have an issue installing SQL Server Express 2022 and even sql Server Express 2019.
    I cannot finish the install. The instance is not created. everything else seems to be.
    When i try to install the instance i have this error message (sorry it's translated from french but it should be close)
    SQL Server Setup encountered the following error:
    Setup encountered a problem running the UpdateResult job.
    Error code 0x876E0003.
    For help, click: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?Lin...l&EvtID=50000&EvtType=0x448E4A06%400x96D07230

I've reinstalled a new widows, installed nothing else and still get the same error.
    It's been 3 days I'm trying to make this work. I reach a point where i think Parrallels desktop is the problem.
    If I don't get any reply I'll have to return my computer (I still have 10 days to return it) and will not purchase Parallels.

Did anyone manage to install SQL Server Express on an M2 ?

Thanks in advance

4. GiovanniM9

GiovanniM9 Bit poster

Hi, I have the same problem an i even tryed on a windows 10 virtual machine but I hade the same error...
    HELP!
    Thank you
    Giovanni