Windows 7 64-bit as guest Parallels 10 - Yosemite Final (10.10) - Bootcamp- CPU hog

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by pechar, Oct 20, 2014.

1. pechar

pechar Junior Member

Hi I've installed Yosemite FINAL 10.10 (not GMs, not beta just the final version released to the world a few days ago).
    Parallels is hogging cpu and overheating my machine like mad. This also happens even when I freshly boot into Windows.
    Nothing was fixed as promised in release notes.

I am really disappointed. My blood boils knowing I am forced to upgrade to newer versions of Parallels just because a new OS is released. If it worked I'd be happy to pay for it but it is not. Now Parallels have my money and I am €50 lighter. Is this how paying loyal customers are treated?

I'd appreciate someone @parallels looking into this and getting back to me. Ideally keeping the conversation going, I usually get one answer and on further messages the support guys just ignore it.

2. pechar

pechar Junior Member

Anyone? My CPU is in constant 100s of Celsius and fans running over 5000rpm.

3. pechar

pechar Junior Member

I just reinstalled Parallel Tools and looks like the CPU usage and fans when down. Will keep this thread running for a while to make sure it is the final fix.

4. martmeister

martmeister Member

@pechar take a look at this link: http://forum.parallels.com/threads/...-dp6-all-windows-guest-vms-slow.314290/page-8

I am working with them on troubleshooting the issue. You should log a support ticket so they can also reach out to you if there's a solution. If you follow the steps in the thread above to run a trace and attach the logs files, that will help too. Although it seems like it doesn't reproduce for you anymore.

This might offer you some other solutions (NVRAM for instance) if you find that the Parallel Tools doesn't fully solve your issue.

5. RichardP2

RichardP2 Bit poster