Windows 7, 8 or 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by EllisR, Nov 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. EllisR

EllisR Bit poster

Hello, Which one window is good to use? Windows 7, 8 or 10!

2. Hi EllisR. Please be informed that Windows 7, 8 and 10 are compatible with Parallels Desktop and you can install any of the above as guest OS and use it without any issues. However, Windows 10 is the latest version with lot of new features and updates available now.

EllisR likes this.
  3. LucaS6

LucaS6 Bit poster

Dear Sathiya,

I was reading your reply to EllisR, I trust you when you say "Windows 10 is the latest version with lot of new features and updates" , and I also expect it requires a more performing CPU.

I kindly ask your advice in this. I updated to:
    • Parallels 14.1, on a
    • MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), with
    • 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5,
    • 16 GB of RAM and
    • 500 GB Solid State hard-drive.
    At the moment the virtual machine is running Windows XP Professional service pack 3.
    The question is: What is the Windows OS version offering the best performance on my environment?
    Is Windows 10 too demanding for processor speed, RAM availability?
    Is Windows 7 or 8 better because, even if they don't offer latest features, they don't choke the machine?

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Best regards,

--
    lS.

EllisR likes this.
  4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello LucaS6.
    No such thing as one particular Windows version offering the best performance. All versions of Windows listed here would work equally well if the system requirements are met.
    Somewhat demanding, yes, but this shouldn't be a problem with your Mac's specs.
    Definitely less demanding on resources - but might not make much of a difference given that your Mac can also handle Windows 10 equally well.

EllisR likes this.
  5. LucaS6

LucaS6 Bit poster

Dear Hemnath,
    thank you for your advice!
    I'll look if/how is possible to upgrade from XP to one among 7, 8 or 10.

All the best,

--
    lS.

EllisR likes this.
  6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Unfortunately, it is not possible to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7/8.1/10. You can create a new virtual machine and copy the data from XP to it.

EllisR likes this.