Windows 7 "Action Center"

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by Steve954, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Steve954

Steve954 Bit poster

I am new to Parallels and new to Windows on my Macbook Air. After successfully installing Win7 I have a very annoying "Action Center" box at the top of my screen that will not go away? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This box is blocking the application I'm trying to work with and I just want it to go away. It's bad enough that I have to us Windows but now I have to deal with this.

Thanks

2. SalliJ

SalliJ Bit poster

windows action center

Steve,
    I had the same problem. Go to parallels, windows start-up programs and action center. I searched a long time to get rid of it too.

I changed settings to do not display messages on anything other than windows updates. I also changed start up programs in windows and ditched action center.

I rebooted and it is gone :p

Hope this helps. I too am new and learning mac for the first time, and only need windows for Quicken and Ancestory.

Good luck.

3. Steve954

Steve954 Bit poster

That helps. Thanks a lot. I think I got it.

4. SalliJ

SalliJ Bit poster

good luck

Let me know how it works for you :p

5. EsmaL

EsmaL Bit poster

Same problem here

Hi there

I'm not sure if anyone will still read this thread, but I'm having the same problem. It's really irritating. I've tried the steps suggested here:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-t...ter-icon-from-notification-area-in-windows-7/

(The main post and all of the comments too)

And that didn't work. I've also tried what you said here but I couldn't find out how to "Go to parallels, windows start-up programs and action center" except by typing msconfig into the start menu and going from there. Annoyingly it isn't in the startup apps, so I can't disable it.

Any more advice would be fantastic!

Thanks