Windows 7 Login problem

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ExhelpS, Oct 6, 2016.

1. ExhelpS

ExhelpS Bit poster

Dear Parallel!

I have a problem with Parralel software. I started the program and booting Win 7 OS. The OS ask for the password change. I typed the new password but recevied this error message: " The system has detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you."This is non-domain computer. I have the opportunity to stop and restart the OS, but I cant login.Is it possible to rescue this data from the existing virtual file and copy into a new virtual Windows 7? It is very important billing and accounting information are included and we desperately need it!

Looking forward to your reply as soon as possible.

Thank you!

2. DirkE1

DirkE1 Bit poster

Hello ExhelpS, I got the same problem same days ago and I still have no idea to solve the problem. I just had the hope to find out the solution here.

Perhaps some people will reply.
    Thank you and regards

3. DavidN6

DavidN6 Bit poster

ExhelpS and DirkE1,
    I have the same error! I someone can solve this. I can't get into the PC Windows 7 side of my Mac anymore.

Parallels 11 on my MacBook Pro (OS 10.11.6) running Windows 7 -- "The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you."

4. DavidN6

DavidN6 Bit poster

ExhelpS and DirkE1,
    I contacted Parallels support, gave them control of my computer, and they fixed the login problem. Give them a call and they can help you.
    All seems back to normal now. Yay!
    All the best,
    David

5. NickC4

NickC4 Bit poster

I've just got the exact same problem here tonight. I had to reboot my iMac for the first time in ages and when I try and log back into windows 7 its asking me to change the password, no big problem. But I get the exact same message,"The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you."
    It seems strange that theres a lot of people on here on various threads with the same problem all of a sudden.
    Is there a solution to this problem without having to waste an hour or so of my life on a phone to a call centre.
    Please, please , please come up with a solution, I have important accountancy software I need to access.

6. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello guys,
    Please change the Windows password as outlined in here & let us know how it goes

7. NickC4

NickC4 Bit poster

Hi and thanks for trying to help. I did find a thread with this info on before I posted. It didn't work for me.
    I've just tried it again and its the same. Option 1, this doesn't work because I cannot get a command prompt from the stat up window because it Windows 7.

Option 2 - When I try and open the virtual HD i get the following message - Parallels mounter is unable to open virtual hard disk. Either the hard disk file system is not supported or contains errors. Start your virtual machine and check the disk for file system error.
    I cannot do this because I cannot start the virtual machine due to not being able to log in.

Please help!!!!

8. NickC4

NickC4 Bit poster

Just bumping to see if a solution has been found yet.

9. Imski

Imski Bit poster

You have to update to the newest PD version. I updated from 9 -> 12 and Option#2 worked.