I run Windows 7 in Parallels, with two external monitors as well as the retina display from my Macbook Pro 13". I keep the external displays at their native 1920x1080 resolution and the macbook display at 1200x900, and keep one of the external displays as my "Main Display".
Every time I reboot or suspend/resume the VM, my monitors randomly switch places. Usually this just means that the taskbar and all my shortcuts move down to the Macbook display, but frequently it will end up completely randomized. As in, one of the external monitors at 1200x900, and two 1920x1080 workspaces side by side on the macbook display, with the 2nd external monitor completely unavailable for windows.
So even in the best case, I need to pull up Windows' "Screen Resolution" panel and reset the "Main Display". In the worse cases, It may take 5 minutes of unplugging and re-plugging monitor cables, sleeping/resuming the VM, etc. until things eventually jiggle their way back into a useable state so that I can manually rearrange them.
It's very frustrating. Certainly I'm not the only person with external monitors. Is this expected behavior, or is there a solution on the way?
Every time I reboot or suspend/resume the VM, my monitors randomly switch places. Usually this just means that the taskbar and all my shortcuts move down to the Macbook display, but frequently it will end up completely randomized. As in, one of the external monitors at 1200x900, and two 1920x1080 workspaces side by side on the macbook display, with the 2nd external monitor completely unavailable for windows.
So even in the best case, I need to pull up Windows' "Screen Resolution" panel and reset the "Main Display". In the worse cases, It may take 5 minutes of unplugging and re-plugging monitor cables, sleeping/resuming the VM, etc. until things eventually jiggle their way back into a useable state so that I can manually rearrange them.
It's very frustrating. Certainly I'm not the only person with external monitors. Is this expected behavior, or is there a solution on the way?