Windows 7 Parallels 8 stalling

LrdKanien

Bit poster
Hello,

I have Lion Macbook Air with 4GB of RAM running Parallels 7 and upgraded to 8. Since I can remember my Windows VM sometimes stalls. The behavior is something like I'm using Outlook or a browser and it goes into "Not Responding" with a circle spinning for a cursor. I can switch back to the mac side and use safari or do other things in my Windows OS, but whatever application I was using at the time in Windows stalls for 20-30 seconds.

My VM is configured to use 1.5GB of RAM and is 90GB in size.

Thanks for any suggestions in helping me solve the issue.
 
Last edited:
"me too"

I have that same predicament - but my hardware in rMBP running Mountain Lion (10.8.2) but this happened at 10.8.1 and whatever version of Lion that originally shipped with my laptop (probably 10.7.4 or 10.7.5). I experienced the same bug in PD 7 and 8.

My VM is Windows 7 Enterprise SP1, currently configured for 4 cores (out of 8, 3GB of RAM (out of 8), and 512MB of video memory.

No one else at my company is experiencing this issue - everyone is telling me to just create a new VM but that is a major PITA because of all the software I have to install.
 
Back
Top