Windows 8 Preview and Shared Folders

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration in Windows and Linux' started by Stefan Lisowski, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Stefan Lisowski

Stefan Lisowski Junior Member

I've got Windows 8 Preview (released a few days ago) running in Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows with a Windows host.

I don't have the mouse or black screen problems they have over on the Mac host forums. But I can't get the .psf shared folders working at all. I see the .psf entry in the hosts file, but Windows Explorer tells me my home folder is unavailable. I tried adding additional shared folders to no avail. I also can't use regular Windows networking to get to my Windows host, but that's normal enough for Parallels in my experience. Firewall doesn't seem to be interfering.

Anyone able to get the shared folders going? (My Parallels Tools installation claimed to be successful, and I see the service is happily running.)

2. LukeF

LukeF Bit poster

I'm having the same problem with RTM Windows 8 running on PD7 for mac. Parallels tools is otherwise working (mouse/keyboard, clipboard sharing, etc.) Did anyone ever figure out a solution?