Windows 8 Release Preview Time & Date Don't Stay Synced

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ronmarcusps, Jul 8, 2012.

1. ronmarcusps

ronmarcusps Junior Member

I have posted this on the Microsoft Forums, and they recommended I post it here. The problem I have had with both the Windows CP and RP is that the time and date do not stay synced. I have the time synced with my Mac's time, but that does not seem to work. If I try to sync in Windows with internet time or any of the govt time sources, it will initially display the correct date and time, but after a while it loses its Daylight Savings time and goes back 1 hour. If the VM is suspended or shut down then the time seems to "stop" and when I reopen Windows 8, it will show the time from the last time the VM was suspended! I have all of the setting correct in Windows (ie Daylight Savings Time is checked) and it is on my correct time zone (Pacific). I don't see any other posts with this problem.

2. MikeHr

MikeHr Bit poster

Any update ?

Wondering if anyone else has run into this and if they figured out or received a fix? I have been running the Windows 8 preview and NOT having this problem ... HOWEVER, I just updated to Windows 8 Pro and what would you know, I cannot get the clock on the VM to stay correct even after complete shutdown/restarts. It is supposed to be getting the time from my Mac, but it continues to be an hour off ... almost like DST is not being recognized even though it is set now. I guess the problem may go away in a week when we "fall back" in the US, but it is messing up my time sensitive (trading) apps !!

3. MikeHr

MikeHr Bit poster

I think I figured out my issue .... turns out Parallels Tools is not automatically installed after an upgrade from Windows 8 Preview to Windows 8 Pro .... missing drivers --> issues. I installed Parallels Tools manually and it looks like the timezone/DST is being picked up from my Mac again. I'll monitor and post if this turns out to be something else ...but. Not sure if this is the problem others are seeing but this was mine and easy enough to fix.