Hello,
I have installed Windows Visa in Bootcamp partition and it works fine. I then installed Parallels 4 and installed exact same Windows Visa in the virtual machine. When I boot using virtual machine Windows asks for activation code - I enter the code I used for Bootcamp and it does not accept it saying "This code is already in use on another machine."
Searched the forums and found earlier threads claiming that people were able to call Microsoft and received a new product activation key.
Well, no luck in Canada. Just spoke to Jan and he confirmed that the only way for me to get the new key is to purchase a new copy of Windows - at full retail price.
Why do I need to purchase Windows TWICE?? Is there any way around it?
I have installed Windows Visa in Bootcamp partition and it works fine. I then installed Parallels 4 and installed exact same Windows Visa in the virtual machine. When I boot using virtual machine Windows asks for activation code - I enter the code I used for Bootcamp and it does not accept it saying "This code is already in use on another machine."
Searched the forums and found earlier threads claiming that people were able to call Microsoft and received a new product activation key.
Well, no luck in Canada. Just spoke to Jan and he confirmed that the only way for me to get the new key is to purchase a new copy of Windows - at full retail price.
Why do I need to purchase Windows TWICE?? Is there any way around it?