Windows Activation

BehroozK1

Bit poster
Hello, I have purchased a OEM license windows 8.1. This means that I can only install it on one machine. I have installed it one bootcamp partition.
Now if I were to install parallel 10 will this alter the bootcamp partition such that windows would think it is a new virtual machine and therefore fail to activate after the parallel install? I've seen this happen before. Please advise as I don't want to have to purchase another windows license.
 
Hi BehroozK1,
For Windows 8 or 8.1, you can use either the Full Product purchased at retail, or you can purchase the Windows 8 or 8.1 OEM System Builder version and use it in accordance with Microsoft Personal Use Rights. Please be advised that if you choose Windows 8 or 8.1 OEM System Builder Personal Use Rights, you will receive limited support from Microsoft as set forth here:

http://personaluselicense.windows.com/en-US/default.aspx

You can try http://kb.parallels.com/9703 for activating Windows Virtual Machine installed from Boot Camp.
 
I already have windows installed and activated on bootcamp partition.

My question is if I install parallel for that bootcamp partition would i be required to reactivate windows?
 
Back
Top