Windows App Cannot Connect to Networked Device

I am trying to connect a windows application to a "device" on my network.
For the purposes of this discussion lets say the network is 192.168.59.48/30 i.e. valid addresses are 49 and 50
The device is 192.168.59.49/30 and my laptop OSX adddress is set for 192.168.59.50/30
I have parallels set to Shared Network and Connected box is ticked.
I can ping the device from OSX using a desktop widget and can also ping the parallels assigned address in the default network 10.211.55.0. The windows application looks for SNMP agents on the network and displays those it finds, but, in this case it cannot see the connected device. So, question is why cant my application connect to the device ? On a windows laptop it connects quite happily. I am running windows 7 professional under parallels.
 
With further investigation I think I have determined the outgoing connection is ok but the incomming replies are not rtouted correctly. I have monitored the traffic and see this "192.168.59.49 192.168.59.50 ICMP Destination Port Unreachable" ???
 
Back
Top