Windows boot takes 7 minutes

TimurS

Bit poster
Hello,

I use macOS Sierra 10.12.1, Parallels 12 (business user with another account). And I installed Windows 10.

Since several weeks, starting Windows takes extremely long time. It is slow especially in the following 2 stages:

https://postimg.org/image/vgwi6zkqh/
https://postimg.org/image/7busb5nrj/

I just restarted twice, the first time took 7 minutes and the second time took 6 minutes. It is untenable.

Does anyone know what's wrong here? I am really desperate...

Thank you
 
I have what appears to be the exact same problem. It has been working very well for ~2 weeks, but suddenly started being very slow.

It is almost as if disk access has slowed drastically.

I have tried:
  • Actions-reset
  • Reinstall Parallels
  • Update windows system files (first step outlined here)
I'm running parallels 12 on Sierra
=================================================================
You can delete this message if you like, but I think my issue was self-inflicted.

I had set up Crash Plan (running on Windows) to back up my VM as well and I think it was pulling in several of the items from the mac drive. At any rate, removing that seems to have fixed my issue. Definitely a corner case, but may help someone at some point.
 
Last edited:
My previous note was not correct. This issue just seems to come and go. The suggestions in that article aren't useful in this situation.

This is not a situation that needs a performance tweak, this is a situation where going from entering my password to having a desktop takes several minutes.
 
My previous note was not correct. This issue just seems to come and go. The suggestions in that article aren't useful in this situation.

This is not a situation that needs a performance tweak, this is a situation where going from entering my password to having a desktop takes several minutes.
Hi, please try the selective startup and then check the issue.
 
Back
Top