Windows doesn't run Java Web App on Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ClaudiaT1, Jun 22, 2017.

1. ClaudiaT1

ClaudiaT1 Bit poster

I've tried everything but neither Windows 7 nor 10 under Parallels are able to run a Java-based Web App. The App runs fine on my old PC. It is a player that launches course materials. So far I've checked the settings (of course) and tried it with different Java versions. The application starts to load but then stalls. Instead of loading a Java window it does nothing. I really need help on this. Any suggestions?

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Have you tried different browsers in Windows? Let us know the browsers you have tried.

3. ClaudiaT1

ClaudiaT1 Bit poster

Yes, naturally. Besides that the Player runs only under IE, at least I was told so by my client, I've tried different versions of Firefox. But without success. What happens is actually the same as what happens under with IE under Windows on Parallels. At first it starts, loads the first browser page but then just stops working. When I run the Player under native Windows, the browser page is loaded, then the Java app is started and a window opens to load a course. Other Browsers like Chrome or Edge don't support Java and I haven't tried Opera. But as mentioned before the Player app is only supported by IE.