windows explorer has stopped working

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by rcnineteen, Mar 30, 2011.

1. rcnineteen

rcnineteen Bit poster

I am running latest mac os x and installed parallels for mac and running windows 7 64-bit. I've updated both os and everytime I'm in windows I get the above message? I tried looking for a solution but to no avail.
    Can anyone help? It's very annoying.

2. Michael Campbell

Michael Campbell Bit poster

I am having the same problem. Latest OS (Mac OS X 10.6.7 (10J869)) and Parallels (Build 6.0.11994) with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Windows Explorer stops and recovers so frequently that Coherence mode is too interrupted to be useful.

3. dalehh

dalehh Bit poster

I'm getting the same thing. Parallels 6 stopped working for me when I upgraded to Lion, so I did a clean install of both Lion and my Bootcamp partition with Windows 7 64 bit. I can use Bootcamp just fine, but now whenever I start Parallels, Windows Explorer continually displays the message "Windows Explorer has stopped working", then restarts, then repeats.

4. JohnWilks

JohnWilks Bit poster

5. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    if you have 'windows explorer has stopped working' problem then:
    1) generate and send Problem Report
    - 'Help->Report a Problem' from system menu if you are in Windowed Mode now
    - 'Alt + left mouse click' in || icon in system menu if you are in Coherence Mode and then choose 'Report a Problem'
    2) post Problem Report ID here

We'll try to investigate your problems

6. ReyLobos

ReyLobos Bit poster

Parallels is a joke

I have had Parallels since I first got my MBP in 08'. I have upgraded my MBP to 4GB Ram and a 500GB HD. I have also upgraded Parallels several times now as each upgrade is supposed to be A LOT faster with enhanced features, etc. I Cannot even use Parallels! I'm running Mac OSX 10.6.8 and then Win 7 Ultimate. My machine barely even runs when I go into coherence mode. Then when it finally does, I get Constant "Windows Explorer has stopped working..." There's no point in even having Win 7 on here as it's useless running Parallels. To top it off, you can't even contact support unless you're willing to Pay. Seriously? I have never contacted them and have used their product (with continual errors) for years now. This is not feasible, especially when I'm trying to run a business and need the Win portion of my Mac. In addition, in the brief moments before it crashes (100% of the time) I can't even access a lot of Windows applications or view a lot of Windows content on here but I can if I put it on a strictly Windows Laptop. I have been to the Genius Bar countless times trying to rectify some of these errors and they do not support Parallels or any Win based application on my Mac. I'm Very curious to see what kind of reply I receive to this as I cannot get "support" unless I will pay for it, even though I have been a faithful (even while being unhappy) customer for years now and have never used their support before. I'll post any reply I receive & the outcome for everybody else to see.

Attached Files: