Windows freeze within Desktop 8 after working fine for 5 months

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SteveO13, Apr 22, 2013.

1. SteveO13

SteveO13 Bit poster

I have been using Desktop 8 for Mac for the past 5months ... without any problems ... recently however

My Window system freezes within Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac. I receive an error that read as follows;

An error occurred while accessing the Hard Disk 0 used by "Windows 7".

Click Retry to try again or click Stop to forcibly stop the virtual machine. If this error persists, please contact the Parallels support team for assistance.

Note: If you stop the virtual machine "Windows 7" now, you will lose all unsaved data.

Error ID: PRL_ERR_DISK_READ_FAILED (80021029), errno=35 (Resource temporarily unavailable)

I have looked all over and have not been able to find a solution thus far... please help .. Thanks

2. JonCon1

JonCon1 Bit poster

Has there been any update with this issue? I am also experiencing the "Error ID: PRL_ERR_DISK_READ_FAILED (80021029), errno=35 (Resource temporarily unavailable)." after 6 months of usage running windows 7 with no previous issues. Any insight on a fix would be appreciated. Thank you.

3. SteveO13

SteveO13 Bit poster

I went to the Apple Store to have them run diagnostics. The hard drive failed and needed to be replaced. I was lucky that I was still under warranty. I suggest you back up the windows side of your machine before you do the same thing. I thought that time machine would back up the windows side too, but found out the hard way that it doesn't. Back up or export your bookmarks too! Good Luck!