Windows is not correctly connecting to the internet

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by IanK3, Mar 14, 2019.

1. IanK3

IanK3 Bit poster

This problem started yesterday. I was trying to install visual studio on windows, and my connection just stopped. It will still work on my host for a few minutes, then cut. Yet, I can still ping successfully. I have tried all of my network options, with no luck. I only get a working windows connection for about a minute, and it cuts. I have tried reinstalling drivers and parallels toolbox, both of which only fixed the problem for about 5 minutes. I am running A Mid-2012 Macbook Pro with 16 GB of ram and a 256 GB SSD, with a core 15 2.5 GHZ and MacOS 10.14.3 Mojave. The guest OS Is the windows 10 october update.

2. Hi, please try the same with the latest Parallels Desktop update 14.1.3.

3. IanK3

IanK3 Bit poster

It worked, thanks.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  4. IanK3

IanK3 Bit poster

Recently, it stopped working again. This is getting continually frustrating as I have to restart the entire system, not just the guest os, for it to work again. I can still ping, and it still doesn't work.

5. Did it stop without any apparent reason? Did you performed any steps? Reinstall Parallels tools for example?

6. Stefanieu

Stefanieu Bit poster

In most home networks under normal circumstances, the router hands out an address to devices when they connect. If your computer's IP settings aren't correct, it can cause the problem you're having. On Windows 10, right-click on the network icon in your System Tray TellPopeyes and choose Open Network & internet settings.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  7. denialg

denialg Bit poster

Close the Visual Studio Installer. Delete the Visual Studio Installer installation directory. Typically, the directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer . Run the Visual Studio bootstrapper. mypascoconnect and www.makeyourmands.co.uk

8. babangidat

babangidat Bit poster

I have recently purchased the parallel pro for my iMac running on macOS Ventura, upon activation of Windows 11, I am unable to have Windows connect to the internet it keeps showing syntax error .can anyone advise?